German Jordanian University, Amman, Jordan
School of Natural Resources Engineering and Management (SNREM)
The SNREM aims at participating in the national and international efforts towards achieving sustainable development by preserving the environment and its natural resources (specifically in the energy, water, and agriculture sectors) against improper use/overuse and pollution in an integrated manner that takes into consideration economic growth and other factors through education, research, and services.
In this regard, the SNREM can support the coalition with the following:
Education and Training
- Devise and offer work-specific training courses and vocational training modules for a specific group of a community, managers, and the areas of water management, water conservation, and efficiency, environmental protection and management, environmental awareness, and environmentally informed policy and decision-making processes.
- Organize seminars, workshops, and public lectures on issues pertaining to Water, and Natural resources protection.
- Conduct applied research with the specific objectives of dealing with the industry needs and local problems identified by either the private or public sectors. Special emphasis would be on water quality control, wastewater management, and recycling, desalination, etc.
- Carry out integrated research programs addressing sustainable development issues that will aid in the development and implementation of National Water and Environment Strategy Plans with regard to the use of natural resources and their management.
Services and Consultation
- Performing environmental and water assessments for local communities, enterprises, and water basins.
- Carrying out water conservation and management studies and supervising the implementation of results of such studies.
- Providing laboratory and consultancy services in water quality and wastewater management.
Research Projects in Natural Resources Management
- Integrated Water Resources Management with a focus on the Middle East and Northern Africa (IWRM-MENA)
- Water Security: from Data to Decision (D2D)
- Biogas Production in Local Communities in Jordan
- Waste to positive energy
- Brackish Water Desalination System powered by an off-grid PV system
- Climate-resilient Water Management
BSc, MSc, and Doctoral Programs relevant to CNRD
- Environmental and Renewable Energy Engineering
Activities in capacity development relevant to CNRD
- Development of a Humanitarian WaSH MSc program
- Transformation by desalination
- MSc. Student exchange program with TUHH in Environmental Engineering
- IWRM exchange program with TU Koln
Munjed Al Sharif
Amman، Madaba Street, Madaba 11180, Jordan