University of Shahid Beheshti, Tehran, Iran
Shahid Beheshti University (SBU) is one of the most prestigious universities in Iran. Established in 1959, SBU combines the tradition of a classical university with the dynamic character of a modern and interdisciplinary scientific enterprise. Since 1990, the university has placed more emphasis on postgraduate, in particular PhD, and research programs, while still aiming to enhance the quality of its well-established undergraduate courses. Students at the university are inspired by an outstanding and rewarding academic environment not only in Iran but in the region. The university and the members of the academia are at the forefront of world research in many fields, and the teaching is informed by the very latest developments in each discipline. At the present time, SBU has about 18,000 students, and among them 300 are international from 20 countries. More than 200 of international students are currently studying, while others are in the process of obtaining their final admission. SBU admits scholarship and non-scholarship candidates who are interested in studying in one of the university programs if they have the required scientific qualification. some related department to CNRD are: Environmental science Research Institute Faculty of geography Faculty of Environment and water
Environmental science Research Institute
Established in 2001, the ESRI aims to carry out research on the various aspects of the environment. Now ESRI has 27 faculty member and more than 150 Msc and PhD students. Many qualified professors in Biology, Chemistry, Law, etc. at Shahid Beheshti University collaborate with the work of the Institute. ESRI offers Master and Ph.D. degrees in Environmental Sciences. The research objectives of the Institute are:
- Environmental design and programming
- Study of the bio-diversity of the country and the region (Central and South Asia)
- Ecological studies of the country and the region.
- Studying economic factors related to bio-environmental research.
- Studying the relationship between the economy and the promotion of environmental enrichment.
- Legal implications of environmental studies
- Assessment of pollutants and controlling them in the environment.
- Promoting natural resources and environmental education at all levels.
- Encouragement of public awareness of development and environmental protection.
ESRI have 5 Department:
- Department of Environmental and Resources Economics
- Department of Bio-diversity and Ecosystem Management
- Department of Ecological Agriculture
- Department of Planning & Design of the Environment
- Department of Environmental pollutants
Research Projects in Natural Resources Management
- Estimating the damage cost of Bakhtegan wetland drying
- State of the Environment of Iran
- land use planning and carrying capacity assessment of Gazvin province in Iran
- Environmental Impact assessment of many projects
- Monitoring plan of 15th region municipality of Tehran
- capability assessment of natural resources
BSc, MSc and Doctoral Programs relevant to CNRD
- Environmental planning (MSc/PhD)
- Environmental pollution (MSc/PhD)
- Biodiversity and ecosystem managment (MSc/PhD)
- Agroecology (MSc/PhD)
- Environmental education (MSc)
Activities in capacity development relevant to CNRD
- Many lectures on environmental issues each year
- Many workshops hold each year
- IWRM MSc program is under action
Pool of Experts
|Environmental Economics||Houman Liaghati|
|Agroecosystem sustainability||Jafar Kambuozia|
|Environmental science||Afsane Shahbazi|
|Ecological liability||Hadi Veisi|
|Planning and design of the environment||Shahin Bargh Jelveh|
Deputy for research